Information we may collect
We collect personal data that you submit when subscribing to or interacting with our newsletter, purchasing a product, or interacting with us in any other way (e.g. in social media or by asking for information or assistance or reporting a problem with the Site). Further, when you browse the Site, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us to customize the user experience.
Altia’s use of the information
The personal data we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- development, maintenance and management of the Site and related products (including without limitation measuring and analyzing the traffic and optimizing the contents of the Site),
- development and management of the customer relationship (including without limitation management of customer inquiries),
- fraud and risk monitoring and investigation,
- management of customer inquiries,
- direct marketing (with your consent to the extent required by applicable law),
- analysis and classification of the customer base, as well as related activities, with the aim of improving the Site and targeting communications for marketing purposes (in as far as you have not opted out from it).
Altia does not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose the personal data you provide to anyone outside its group companies. However, we may share the data with other organizations as follows:
- To third-party service providers or partners to the extent necessary to allow them to perform services in relation to the Site;
- As permitted by law in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violation of Altia's intellectual property rights, violations of the Site's Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements, or otherwise as required by law;
- If we need to share the data to provide any product or service you have requested;
- If we have your consent to do so;
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose the information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If our assets or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the information is generally one of the transferred assets.
When we use your personal data as described in this policy, this may involve sending your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we do this, we make sure that appropriate steps are taken to protect your personal data and your rights.
Data retention and security measures
Altia retains personal data as long as the data is required for the aforementioned purposes or as required in accordance with applicable laws.
Altia endeavors to use appropriate measures (having regard also to the nature of the personal data involved) to protect your personal data. Such measures include, where appropriate, the use of firewalls, secure server facilities, encryption, implementing of proper access rights management systems and processes, careful selection of processors and other technically and commercially reasonable measures to provide appropriate protection for your personal data against unauthorized use or disclosure. Altia may also take appropriate back-up copies and use other such means to prevent the accidental damage or destruction of your personal data and to ensure that Altia’s services are functioning properly.
The aim of using website analytics and cookies is to improve your user experience, the contents of the Site and Altia’s services to you.
Altia uses third party cookies and other technologies provided by Google Analytics, Google Remarketing, Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel and Twitter Conversion Tracking Pixel for statistical purposes and to collect information on the use of the website.
The data collected via cookies and other technologies may be aggregated and anonymized.
If you do not wish to receive cookies or no longer want to consent to the use hereof, you may set your browser to disable them. Kindly note, however, that disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain services on the Site.
If you wish to remove cookies from your browser, the following websites provides you with specific guidelines in this regard:
- Guide on how to remove cookies from the various IE (Internet Explorer) versions
- Guide on how to remove cookies from Lion (MAC OS)
- Guide on how to remove cookies from Google Chrome
With respect to the processing of your personal data by Altia, you have the following rights, as appropriate and subject to possible restrictions arising from applicable laws:
- Right to access: You are entitled to be informed of what personal data Altia holds about you.
- Right to request correction, blocking or deletion: You are entitled to request Altia to rectify, delete or block (as appropriate) your personal data that is incorrect, unnecessary, incomplete or outdated.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to Altia’s processing of your personal data on compelling, legitimate grounds relating to your circumstances. You have the right to decline Altia from using your personal data for direct marketing. For further information, please contact Altia by using the below e-mail address.
You may exercise your rights by contacting the email below.